Posted in Uncategorized, tagged Monday mix, music on October 29, 2012 |
4 Comments »
If you are on the east coast then perhaps you spent the weekend preparing for/enduring Hurricane Sandy. I’ll admit I’ve never really dealt with a hurricane before, as Pittsburgh isn’t really a hot spot for tropical cyclones, so this is all kind of new to me. I know that we aren’t getting hit as hard as most places, but I can attest to the perpetual cloud covering and cold mist that have permeated the city over the past couple of days. It’s going to be a gray, wet week people, so let’s gear up.
Re-frame. Instead of focusing on how dank and dreary it is outside, I’m concentrating on making nights this week a time to nestle in my cozy living space. I encourage you all to do the same! Burrow in my friends, perhaps with a warm throw blanket, some licorice tea, your Netflix queue, and some lovely tunes.
In a sentimental mood
- Mumford & Sons “Winter Winds”
- Mumford & Sons “Roll Away Your Stone”
- Jerry Douglas featuring Mumford & Sons and Paul Simon “The Boxer”
- Ray Charles “You Don’t Know Me”
- Michael Kiwanuka “Bones”
- Cat Power “Ruin”
- The Lumineers “Stubborn Love”
- Dave Matthews Band “If Only”
- Wilco “I Am Trying to Break Your Heart”
- Cat Power “Manhattan”
- Passion Pit “Moth’s Wings”
- Cat Power “Cherokee”
- Fiona Apple “Werewolf”
- Fiona Apple “Every Single Night”
- John Coltrane & Duke Ellington “In A Sentimental Mood”
What music do you like to listen to when the weather is bad?
Jam of the day: Michael Kiwanuka “Bones”
Read Full Post »
Posted in Uncategorized, tagged Monday mix on April 16, 2012 |
7 Comments »
Be thankful you were not in my apartment yesterday from 3:15 to 6:20pm. It was not pretty. I turned off my phone because I didn’t want to talk about it. I had to force myself to eat dinner and I didn’t sleep well. I know it sounds dramatic, but at times like these my brain goes crazy and I ponder the meaning of life.
Die-hard sports fans will understand.
Trying to Moving on with my life today…
I am pretty excited that it’s Monday because I have a busy day lined and it’s supposed to be 80 degrees! Somebody loves me.
How about a mix for Monday? Since I no longer wear earplugs in the morning at my apartment I have been listening to some tunes to get me jazzed for the day. Here is a sample of what I have been rocking lately, including some old favorites and newer finds:
Pursuit of happiness
- White Stripes “Icky Thump”
- Lighthouse and The Whaler “Pioneers”
- Lissie “Little Lovin’”
- Lissie “Pursuit of Happiness”
- Deer Tick “The Bump”
- Deer Tick “Spend the Night”
- Lissie “Games People Play”
- Grace Potter & the Nocturnals “Paris (Ooh La La)”
- Passion Pit “Let Your Love Grow Tall”
And then I’m out the door!
Jam of the day: Lissie “Pursuit of Happiness”
Read Full Post »
Posted in Uncategorized, tagged Monday mix on April 2, 2012 |
5 Comments »
This mix is short, but sometimes I think that’s okay. I listened to each of these songs many times this weekend while I studied and wrote papers because each of them made me so happy. Please listen to these five songs. If you do, my prognosis is that you will have an excellent work week. There is a song for each day, so you can even spread them out!
I even provided links for Youtube videos for the ones I could find, but I think all of them are available on Grooveshark. That’s how serious I am taking this!
A song a day
- Duffy featuring The Game “Mercy (Remix)”
- Plan B “Crow’s Nest”
- Ben Gibbard & Feist “Train Song”
- Josh Garrels “Little Blue”
- Bon Iver “Skinny Love”
Happy listening and happy Monday!
Jam of the day: Plan B “Crow’s Nest”
Read Full Post »