Hi and happy Tuesday!
I had a longgg day yesterday and I was happy to come home and hoover some leftovers. Namely:
Pork chops! I love pork chops. I typically cook them using this method and they come out wonderful each time.
I ate them with sauerkraut and some cauliflower “mashed potatoes”. I was skeptical while I was making them, but they turned out delicious – maybe even better than mashed potatoes?
- cut and steam a whole head of cauliflower along with some peeled cloves of garlic (I used 5 because I love garlic)
- salt the cauliflower really well before you steam it
- when the cauliflower is tender, pour into a colander
- after the cauliflower (and garlic) have cooled, transfer to a food processor
- season with nutmeg, pepper, and a couple tablespoons of butter
- process until smooth!
I’ll say it again, having dinner prepared when I got home last night made me feel like I OWNED Monday, which is laughable in essence.
Jam of the day: Blondie “Dreaming”