I am signing the lease for my first apartment in Pittsburgh today! I am so jazzed about living in Pittsburgh full-time again. The last few years at college have seen me through so many changes, but my support base at home has always remained unwavering. While I’ve missed the city, I’ve missed the people even more. This place is good people (<– a phrase we say quite a bit around these parts).
Move-in day isn’t until August, which coincides well with the end of my lease in State College. Speaking of, it doesn’t look like I’ll be back there until I go to move out. I’m in Pittsburgh full-time for the summer and it is wonderful. For the most part I’ll be staying at my dad’s but I am also going to be house-sitting for a few weeks when different family and friends go on vacation. I like house-sitting. I like to immerse myself in an alternate setting and imagine a different life, with a different name and identity – I go all out! Sometimes I develop accents and speak in them to myself when I’m alone. What, you don’t do that too?
So what have I been eating for the last two weeks? I thought I would share today!
1. Fruit. It’s summer, after all.
2. Bagels from Mediterra. They just started making pumpernickel bagels. Be still my heart.
3. Salads. I usually eat at least one a day because they are so easy. Spinach is abundant right now and the toppings don’t require pre-planning.
With tomatoes, bell pepper, chickpeas and peanut vinaigrette.
With carrots, peppers, plain tofu, and peanut dressing.
With tomatoes, raspberry dressing, and lots of black pepper.
With steamed sweetpotato and almond butter (thinned with a bit of almond milk).
4. Scrambled eggs. Shocker! I eat them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or an afternoon snack.
5. Spinach-almond butter wraps on brown rice tortillas. I cannot get enough of this combination!
6. Beef jerky. I can’t remember if I’ve ever had beef jerky, but this came from the vendor at the market who sells pickles and zucchini blossoms to my mom. Tasty, but a little tough. Maybe jerky isn’t for me.
The word “righteous” totally brings to mind dudes in colorful sneakers and flat-billed caps.
I also spent some QT with one of my favorite people this weekend:
Happy Father’s day and happy birthday to my great pops. He doesn’t look a day over 45!
Happy Monday everyone!
Jam of the day: Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds “If I Had a Gun…”