Here’s a great basic recipe for whole wheat pancakes. It has a simple ingredients list that is easy to adapt and add to. For example, you could easily make these 100% vegan by subbing the eggs for flax and the honey for agave, or you could add pumpkin, bananas, or berries give them some fruit and veggie lovin’.
Whole Wheat Pancakes (makes 9 medium or 6 large pancakes ~ 2 servings)
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- optional: cinnamon, nutmeg, sweeteners
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, beat together the oil, egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Stir or whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Cook the pancakes on a greased griddle or skillet over medium heat. Don’t overcook!